Monday, April 7, 2008

Clinical post #5

MRI hasn't been busy this week. About normal, I haven't seen anything new or interesting. However, I would like to say that it always makes you feel good when you help people out. I had an in-house patient come down and after screening her she said she wouldn't be able to do the exam. The exam was a MRI head. I talked to her, explained the exam. I told her I would be right her the entire time. She let me take her into the scan room and I kept reassuring her that I would be here for her, if not directly in the room right outside. I touched her leg the entire time I put her in the machine and stayed with her until she said she was fine. I talked to her between each sets of scan and she made it through the entire head. When I brought her out, I told her I knew she could do it. She was so happy that she got the test over and that she did it. She kept thanking me. It makes you feel good to help someone out. That one experience make the rest of the week better.

No comments: